Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, May 16, 2007

    Do I Have To Wait 6-8 Weeks For Delivery of My Flower Girl Dress, Communion Dress or Christening Gown?

    Ask Julie:
    Advice and Tips for Online Communion Dress, Flower Girl Dress, Christening Gown Ordering

    Q: I want to order a dress for my daughter’s First Communion, but many websites say I have to allow six to eight weeks for delivery. Why do they do this?

    A: Companies that make customers wait that long are usually small companies that don’t have the capital to invest in enough inventory to fulfill orders right away. They wait until they have ten or more orders before they place an order with their suppliers. Those suppliers usually have a minimum order amount the reseller has to reach. That method is called “Just in Time”.

    Even larger companies get caught short of an item sometimes, or don’t stock items that aren’t big sellers. They should still be able to get any of their products within four or five days, and get them to anyone in the country in four or five days after that, no matter how far the package has to travel. That’s a big difference from a six to eight week lead time. My advice is to avoid ordering from companies that make you wait 6-8 weeks for your communion dress or flower girl dress.

    No comments: